The Directorate General of Special Education (DGSE), Ministry of Human Rights, has prepared a Mobile App for the parents of Differently abled Children with the technical support of National Information Technology Board (NITB). It will create awareness among the masses about the education, training and rehabilitation services available for children with different abilities in the Special Education Centers / Institutions working under the DGSE. This initiative will help the people of remote areas of ICT who can get necessary information about online admission and other services available in the Special Education Centers / Institutions & Schools under the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE).
Dr. Shireen M Mazari, Federal Minister of Human Rights, launched the Mobile App for Differently-Abled Children and general public today.The App provides the following assistance / help to the Differently Abled Children at their door step:-
• Use of this App will assist them in the selection of suitable educational institution near to their residence.
• They can apply online without physical access to the institutions/centres under DGSE.
• Detail information about the services, facilities, admission policies of the centres.
• This App is now a milestone to bring approximately 30,000 out of school differently-abled children in the educational stream.
• It will assist them in the selection of Suitable Education institution including Schools under the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE) for Inclusive Education near to their residence.
• The status of the submitted application.
• It provides download and feedback options.
Sheikh Azhar Sajjad, Director General (SE) in his speech informed the participants that Directorate General of Special Education is providing inclusive environment and opportunities through policies, plans, programs and projects that would promote social progress, educate and rehabilitate children / persons with different abilities. He further told that DGSE is also giving education, vocational training and rehabilitation services to the children with different abilities. Beside education we are also provide different therapies like Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Speech therapy, Audiology, Medical, Ophthalmology and Artificial limbs free of cost to the Special Children.
The Federal Minister for Human Rights appreciated the initiative taken by DGSE with the collaboration of NITB for the preparation and launching of this App. Secretary for Human Rights, Director General (HR), Director General (SE), CEO (NITB), DG (NITB) and other officers from concerned departments attended the ceremony. She distributed appreciation certificates among the developers and designers of this App.
The ceremony ended with a vote of thanks by Sheikh AzharSajjad, Director General Special Education.