PPP Senior Leader and Chairman Senate Standing Committee on Interior Senator A. Rehman Malik has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in Tezgam Express fire incident in Rahim Yar Khan. He said that the whole nation has gone into great shock by the news of unfortunate tragedy of Tezgam Express train which was traveling between Karachi and Rawalpindi when fire broke out onboard near Rahim Yar Khan taking more than 72 lives and injuring more than 100. He said that heart goes out to the families of those whose near and dear burned alive.
Senator A. RehmanMalik has demanded investigation into this train tragedy by high powered judicial commission with the following TORs.
- To determine the exact cause of incident – Foreign fire expert be brought from abroad.
- Fix the responsibility of this lapse and fix the responsibility and punish those who are found responsible for it.
- Recommendations to prevent such incidents in future.
- Cabinet must come up with a security place for Railway replicating the Security SOP of the airports with the same high standards.
- Railway police may me renamed as Railway Secuirty Force and should be equipped like ASF.
He has stated that this incident has reminded him the Samjhuata Express act of terrorism by India and another tragic incident of Baldia town Karachi where fires occurred in a textile factory killing hundreds of innocent people. He said that a through investigation into the matter be ordered immediately.